Diaper Covers5:00 AM
One of the last projects on my list before baby comes. Now my list is actually winding down, I keep wanting to add to it. It's been nice to have goals to keep me busy to help the time pass this last month or so. But I guess I'll see if I feel up to getting more things done, or just do the minimum. If I can, time sure goes faster if I'm working on things.
This obvioulsy wasn't that important, but a fun, quick project.
I used the 0-3 mo newborn size for the white covers, but decided they were too small to last the summer and made the color covers 3-6 month.
So now we have some undies to go under the baby dresses.
I made on little pair that was fun out of white eyelet scraps.
It was kind of hard to see on an empty diaper cover, so I grabbed the hippo again to model.
To add the ruffles, I cut strips 1.5" wide and serged both sides. I just zig-zagged each strip across the back piece before sewing anything else. I have 4 ruffles.
Around the legs, I just folded the ruffles under as part of the leg casing.
So I'm down to the one week mark. I'm 39 weeks and I'll most likely be induced Monday March 21, so final countdown is here.