My husband had an afternoon off and set up the changing table and crib.
The weeks are counting down until my due date, so the nesting phase has set it.
With my son, I made a real crib skirt. But this time, I went with the quick and easy. Kind of trash crib skirt.
I had extra red and white striped cotton from Ellaria's baby quilt to use for the bed shirt (it's from an Olivia (cartoon pig) line). Rather than make the whole skirt going under the mattress and sides, I took the easy approach and just made two panels for the two sides of the crib that are visible. I didn't even hem them, just serged the edges in white. To attach them to the crib it gets even more ghetto.
To minimize the fabric to be used the the crib skirt, I kept them just flat panels rather than gathered ruffles, and taped them to the crib base. I figure once she can stand up and we lower the mattress, I can just tape the panels higher, then when she's done with the crib entirely, I can use the fabric for something else. Lazy and cheap.
Next I made 3 sheets for the crib using Dana's tutorial here.