1. Attach ribbon loop to 1" ribbon
I didn't measure the length of the loop, just eyeballed it and pinned it on. You just need the hole in the loop big enough for the rest of the clip to fit through.
2. I sew the whole length of the ribbon, because it will show on the other side if you just sew the skinny loop ends.
3. Finish one end of wider ribbon
4. Put the narrow ribbon inside the wide ribbon
5. Finish the edges, securing ribbons together.
6. Finish the other end
7. Attach metal clip
Finish off the ends and you're finished!
In case you're wondering how this works with a pacifier, I couldn't find an old pacifier to to hook mine on, but here's a photo.